At Grace Bible Church, we are committed to helping women grow in knowing, loving, and serving our Sovereign Creator God, and to work together as we grow in Christ-likeness, by His grace.
To accomplish this goal, the women’s ministry, together with all of the ministries in our church, seeks to partner together to accomplish our five-fold purpose:
- Exalting God’s Grace
- Growing God’s People
- Reaching God’s World
- Preaching God’s Word
- Modeling God’s Love
The women’s ministry is therefore involved in a variety of events and service opportunities, including:
- Knit-Wits — Weekly women’s fellowship and prayer. Wednesday mornings at 10am at the church
- Quarterly fellowship meals
- Wedding and baby showers
- Retreat for the women of Grace
- Outreach conference for the women of Rabun County and beyond
- Blanket ministry for those sick or grieving
- Caring committee which provides food or help for new mothers or those who are ill
- Rummage sale to raise funds and provide an outreach to the community
- Missions involvement with Women in the Window International and the refugee outreach of World Vision
The mission of our women’s ministry is to grow in right relationship with God, bringing Him glory in all we do through a ministry that fosters spiritual growth and promotes fellowship within the body of women of Grace Bible Church. We seek also to reach out to women outside our church body in meaningful and practical ways.
We invite all women of Grace Bible Church and Rabun County to be involved as they are able.
If you have any additional questions about the GBC Women’s Ministry, please contact either our elder who oversees the Women’s Ministry, Will Mitchell, or Betty King, our director of Women’s Ministry, by calling the Church office at 706-746-5823 or by emailing Will@MyGraceBibleChurch.org or WOG@MyGraceBibleChurch.org