Each believer is called to make a personal commitment to Christ. We believe that such a commitment is to be lived out corporately in the context of a local church. Membership at GBC is not a loose affiliation useful only on occasion, but a regular responsibility involving us in one another’s lives for the purpose of the Gospel.
Therefore, the first and best way to get involved at GBC is to become a member. As members, we covenant together to care for each other, to encourage each other, and to hold each other accountable to the truths found in God’s Word.
Anyone who follows the instruction of Jesus to repent and be baptized, who believes the Bible to be God’s Word, and who is willing to commit to the life and faith of this local body may become a member. If you are interested in membership at GBC, please sign-up for our membership class entitled “Discover Grace,” offered quarterly on a Saturday morning.
The process of becoming a member at Grace Bible Church is a simple one with a few straightforward requirements:
- A clear testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ and obedient baptism as a believer, either prior to coming to GBC or to be performed at GBC
- Successful completion of the “Discover Grace” class
- Support of the Church’s Statement of Faith & By-Laws
- Fill out and sign the membership information form
- Regular attendance of the Sunday morning worship services
- A meeting with the Pastors and Elders to share testimony and discuss church membership
If you would like to know more about membership at Grace Bible Church, please contact our church office at (706) 746-5823